This course trains students to handle medical case sheets and records in a scientific manner.
COURSE OBJECTIVE AND CURRICULUM
The Diploma in Medical Lab Technology course trains students to work as full-fledged lab technologists capable of collecting and storing samples, analysing them and creating re-port based on the sample for further analysis by a doctor.
The course includes elements of blood bank management, materials management, supply chain management as well as lab information system management. Additionally, graduates from this course are trained to clean and maintain lab equipment, manage biomedical waste and adhere to quality con-trol standards as per the NABL regulations.
The course curriculum covers the following topics:
- Introduction to patient care, lab technology and equipment
- Basic pathology and diagnostic techniques
- Basic & clinical biochemistry
- Basic & systemic medical microbiology
- General pharmacology
- Basic haematology, immunology, parasitology and histology
- Blood banking
- Phlebotomy and handling special samples
- Fine needle aspiration technique
- Storage & transportation of samples
- Lab information management system
- Preparation and documentation of medical tests & results
- Biomedical waste management
- Infection control
- Maintenance and cleaning of lab equipment
- Materials management & supply chain management
- NABL training & quality control
- 12th Science
- 20 Years
- 12 Months including on-job training.
- MIS Department of multi-speciality hospitals
- Nursing homes
- Medical homes
- Enters daily data into the hospital records
- Updates the existing records
- Prepares the records for management and staff, as and when required
- Backs up the medical records for present & future use
- Maintains the data for In-patient, OPD and laboratory records