This course trains students to maintain and prepare an operation theatre for surgery.
COURSE OBJECTIVE AND CURRICULUM
This course trains students to maintain and prepare an operation theatre for surgery. They are trained in setting up the theatre and instrument trolleys for specific surgeries which in-cludes positioning the operation table and patient, and thereafter assisting a surgeon dur-ing surgery. They are also trained in autoclaving and preparation of sterile supplies re-quired for use in the theatre.
The course curriculum covers the following topics:
- General pharmacology
- General surgery
- Paediatric care
- Operative care
- Operation theatre setup
- Equipment care and maintenance
- Operation theatre care
- Positioning and assistance for operation theatre procedures
- Basic nursing skills and critical care
- Medicolegal aspects of anaesthesia
- Patient rights and consent, medical ethics
- 12th Science.
- 20 Years
- 18 months including on job training
- Operating Theatres in hospitals
- Operating Theatres in nursing homes
- Emergency rooms
- Prepares and maintains an operating theatre and its equipment
- Assists the surgical team during operation
- Provides support to patients in the recovery room