This course trains students to handle medical case sheets and records in a scientific manner.
COURSE OBJECTIVE AND CURRICULUM
This course trains students to handle medical case sheets and records in a scientific man-ner. They are taught how to prepare a file for storage after checking it for completeness. They are trained on the ICD 10 system (International Classification of Diseases 10) and entering the appropriate code in the files being stored. They are also trained in filing re-ports as required by the local health and governmental authorities as laid down in the country.
The course curriculum covers the following topics:
- Medical Record Science
- Medical terminology
- Hospital Information systems
- International Classification of Diseases (ICD10) coding
- Medical transcription
- Legal and ethical aspects of medical records
- Computer applications to maintain medical records
- 12th Science or graduate in any stream.
- 20 Years
- 2 Years, including 6 months of on-job training.
- MIS Department of multi-speciality hospitals
- Nursing homes
- Medical homes
- Enters daily data into the hospital records
- Updates the existing records
- Prepares the records for management and staff, as and when required
- Backs up the medical records for present & future use
- Maintains the data for In-patient, OPD and laboratory records